DataCell is a data hosting service provider and an experienced data center operator. The company was incorporated in Reykjavík, Iceland, as a result of over 20 years of experience in information and communications technology. The management team includes two Internet pioneers who started out as Internet service providers in the early 1990s in Switzerland and Iceland, and later became two of the biggest providers in both countries.
We are committed to provide the most cost-effective data hosting services and develop optimal solutions for our customers. We plan our data center with sustainability in mind, aiming to satisfy the increasing demand for data in the information age with minimum environmental impact.
With data centers located in Iceland and Switzerland powered by 100% pure green energy, DataCell is a leader in ethical data storage and server hosting.
- Incorporated in Reykjavik in 2010
- 20 years experience as Internet pioneer
- Data centers in Switzerland and Iceland
- Ethical data hosting provider
- Sustainable and green energy
- Protect your data privacy
"The right to know anything that is pertinent to your life and that which governs you. The right to know any information that has been generated with taxes that you have paid."
— John Perry Barlow Iceland, 2008
- Offset your carbon-footprint with us. Our data centers are operated on and powered by 100% renewable energy sources, which means they produce no carbon emissions.
- Safe haven for your data protection. Our data protection policy is in line with the European Data Protection directive. The Icelandic Modern Media Initiative is working towards providing a safe environment for investigative journalism and this makes Iceland a favourable location to host your websites, especially for journalists.
- Encrypted international connectivity. Our data connections to the Internet are protected by state-of-the-art encryption, preventing eavesdropping and surveillance by third parties and rogue governments.